Orvium: a decentralized platform for scientific publications
Centralized scientific research has a number of critical problems that bring confusion and chaos. The Orvium project, based on the blockchain technology, makes it possible to store and manage scientific data. The team intends to make a breakthrough in this area of the market.
Problems of the scientific and publishing sphere
Scientific publishing houses are one of the most profitable spheres in the world. This industry brings an incredible profit which totals about 25 billion dollars per year.
The scientific and publishing industry takes a serious place in relation to the development of this sphere, as it has a significant impact on the development of publications through which expansion and popularization is carried out, which brings more profit. But, at the same time, there is a rather complex system that hinders the development of this industry. Developments, which create scientists, actively buy government agencies.
Critics continue to talk about this regularly which is negative for the development of this area and hinders the spread of scientific research. Undoubtedly, it can not be denied that these problems were of decisive importance in the development of research.
Scientific publications have an incredibly complex process of being born, and this is reflected in the community research process. Preservation of copyright remains an unimplementable aspect, publishers often assign this «banner» to themselves. The scheme of distribution of publications is not effective, it infringes the rights of authors where there is a high commission for publication and unfair remuneration for research work.
To solve this problem over the past few years, several opportunities have been made to solve the situation that has arisen, but no one attempt led to success.
How can Orvium change the situation?
Orvium intends to implement the scientific platform for publication of studies where each participant will be able to preserve his authorship of the work and profit from it. The platform intends to create a platform that will meet the highest standards of obtaining a high evaluation of scientific work.
The Orvium platform intends to use in its ecosystem the newest and optimal technological solutions that will solve the tasks of storing and processing data using smart contracts.
- Direct access to scientific research through the Orvium platform;
- Preservation of authorship and work licenses, as well as financial income from a potential transaction;
- Adequate pricing algorithm for posting and publishing for work;
- Low percentage of costs for publishing works in decentralized journals;
- Storage of data within the Orvium system;
- The community will be able to objectively decide how much work received a review;
- The quality of the review will be distributed transparently;
- Resolution of disputed situations (in the form of plagiarism);
- The platform allows participants to exchange information among themselves;
- The work structure of decentralized journals will be provided by autonomous organizations that will control and monitor all ongoing network processes through the internal token of the system — ORV;
- ORV tokens are used internally for decision making by voting behavior;
- The authors of the research work will receive profit according to the written contracts.
Rule of operation of the platform
Orvium company intends to create a high-quality platform uniting authors and sponsors where each of the two parties will receive the maximum mutual benefit from cooperation.
Publication of scientific works
The publication of the author’s work takes place on the Orvium platform where all information about this work is stored and provided thanks to the blockchain technology. The work can be modified if the author thought that it would be better.
In order to advance their work, the author has the opportunity to order ORV tokens to order a survey of the community for their work. The author himself determines the budget for the order of reviews.
The problem entrenched in the field of scientific publication should be changed in the coming years and raise the level of efficiency and income of this industry as a whole.
At the moment it is difficult to say how much the community is ready to support this idea and exercise control over scientific works. Risks are inherent everywhere, but in this project they are much smaller.
To learn more about the details of this project, as well as to participate in the purchase of platform tokens, visit the official website https://orvium.io/ and read the whitepaper: https://orvium.docsend.com/view/nvr6ywj
Author Cryptozond: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1190894
ERC-20 wallet: 0xE09319CEB0C8cf2029e27F85E1Bcb1159c63aF8e