GigTricks: innovation platform for freelancers on the blockchain
GigTricks offers a global platform based on the blockchain Ethereum for freelancers and their customers creating an ecosystem of the so-called «economics on demand» where a consumer’s request for a certain product or service is immediately executed by one of the market participants.
Prerequisites for creation
The idea of the system appeared in 2016. The GigTricks developers believe that the existing system of «economy on demand» and the market of freelance services are deprived of the management standards necessary for effective interaction between freelancers and customers. To solve this problem, they decided to create an ecosystem based on the blockchain making the relationship between market participants transparent, maximally trusting, and comfortable for the parties.
Each action within the platform will be checked and confirmed by its participants — whether it’s doing assignments, writing reviews, assigning ratings, etc., and this information will get into the protected blockchain where it cannot be changed or deleted.
The main task of the authors of the project is to create a comprehensive global ecosystem of economics on demand and a freelance market, in which millions of customers and performers will be involved. Another high goal stated by the developers is to help the population to deal with the consequences of the global economic recession giving talented people the opportunity to realize themselves, find clients, earn income, acquire the necessary thereby contributing to the overall economic growth.
The project was created in the United Arab Emirates, but Gibraltar was chosen as the country of jurisdiction, since this state is loyal to cryptocurrencies, and the start-up has no legal problems here.
On-demand economy and freelancing: some numbers
The total volume of this market in the US exceeds 1.4 trillion USD, while in the United States is concentrated about half of the total number of world freelancers. In total, in the US, Europe, and Asia there are about 81 million of those.
From 2014 to the present the freelance market is showing steady growth: according to data from the USA, about 47% of the so-called «millenials» are engaged in the sphere of Gig Contracts — short-term contracts, and the percentage by 2027 may become predominant.
The number of freelancers and their customers in the modern world is constantly growing. There is a tendency to the outcome of employees of companies from the usual nine-hour «five-day» and the transition to a free work schedule. Digitalization of all spheres of life, the widespread use of smartphones with multifunctional applications, cloud computing, online markets — all this allows experienced professionals to work on themselves in a convenient place and time.
GigTricks should make it easier for these people to search for orders and customers, and consumers of services and products will have an easy way to find the right performer. In addition, for those who are not yet familiar with this world, the «entry threshold» will significantly decrease while the «economy on demand» and the freelance market themselves will attract more participants.
Today, the freelance market faces a number of risks:
- Loss of money. Even if both participants agreed to work and pay for it, the performer ultimately depends on the customer: when the time comes for payment that remains at the mercy of the client. It is estimated that one «free artist» loses about 6 thousand USD a year from non-paid customers. On the other hand, the customer also runs the risk of «running into» an unscrupulous freelancer delaying the surrender of work or refusing to hand over such work without additional payment which was not mentioned at the stage of agreement.
- Freelance sites commissions. This is another problem faced by self-employed workers who register and take orders on special freelance sites. These resources, as a rule, take some commission for the tasks received and executed through the site, and the size of such is able to reach 20% of the performer’s fee. Even if the freelancer uses PayPal as a means of payment, he still has to pay some commission.
What GigTricks offers
The developers of the platform decided to transfer freelance to a new level, offer new opportunities for market participants, minimize risks, and allow one to earn money and others to receive quality services.
The new ecosystem should be:
- without large commissions;
- with the ability to work in as many countries as possible.
Freelancers will be able to search for customers, demonstrate their skills and experience while all user profiles will be verified by other users. And employers who, for example, need a temporary employee to perform some task or who cannot provide the employee with a full-time job will be able to find a qualified specialist for their own purposes.
GigTricks is based on the following principles:
- Create opportunities for employment and help fight the economic downturn.
- Offer a platform for interaction based on high ethical principles where there will be no fraud and other problems typical for freelancing, for example, a planned break in the contract.
- Give users a chance to find the right application for their skills, knowledge, and ideas without the need to organize a «workplace» in the classical sense.
Blockchain technology and smart contracts can achieve this elegantly and simply.
How it works
GigTricks consists of:
- Marketplace. GigTricks Marketplace is a payment system and a global market that unites entrepreneurs, private customers, and performers around the world and helps to buy and sell services for internal system tokens.
- GigTricks Pro. This is a platform for professionals where they can show their skills verified by the blockchain and users of the system. There are functional ratings, leaving feedback, etc.
- GigTricks Learning. It represents a system of experience exchange and training where freelancers and customers will be able to gain knowledge and improve their skills.
- GigTricks Social. As the name suggests, this is a social network where users can communicate, share information, share reviews, etc.
- GigTricks PoS (Point of Sale, not to be confused with Proof of Stake). This is a blockchain service for sellers. Executed sales and their results (positive/negative reviews) will be retained in the blockchain.
PoS means working with special payment terminals integrated with the GigTricks blockchain, thus opening up opportunities for offline sales.
Also on the platform will be presented Escrow service, tools for implementing the KYC principle (Know Your Customer), integration with third-party sites, etc. All functionality is implemented as a mobile and web-based application.
GigBit token acts as a fuel for the GigTricks platform (ticker GBTC). This is an ERC20 compatible token, through which mutual settlements are made between market participants. The maximum number of tokens is 1 billion.
The authors of the project prefer to operate with the concept of ITO — Initial Token Offering. The sale will take place in several stages, from April 15 to August 30, 2018.
Trust in the project adds the availability of a ready-made working site and the presence of a mobile application in the release. All this allows to draw a conclusion about the reliability of GigTricks and the prospects of investments in it.
To learn more about the details of this project, as well as to participate in the purchase of platform tokens, visit the official website https://www.gigtricks.io/ and read the whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TFJsc9UfibgG3y0lOZD7R9jqX1nQ0-u6/view
Author Cryptozond: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1190894
ERC-20 wallet: 0xE09319CEB0C8cf2029e27F85E1Bcb1159c63aF8e
- Назад LeadRex: synergy of AI and blockchain in a smart system of attracting customers
- Вперёд Платформа Augur готовится к запуску основной сети