Casper API: the revolution in data storage on the blockchain
Today we will talk about information and modern ways of storing it.
So, with the onset of the era of high technology, we began to work daily with a huge amount of information. We are its recipients or creators: from our phones, mass media, and other modern sources we learn about new events, the current situation in the world, the news of relatives and friends, and also share our impressions, take photos and put them in social networks, we mark geolocation and so on. Such a list can be counted to endlessness.
But have you ever thought about what it would be nice to store the information in a decentralized manner and share it only with those with whom you want, so that it is not accessible to outsiders? Now there are many cloud storage services that allow you to store information remotely and at the same time have access to it at any time. However, even here everything is not so smooth: no one guarantees you that your data will be stored as securely as possible and will not be moved without your consent. Remember at least the situation when the phone numbers of subscribers massively flowed into the network in free access. This is an unpleasant incident.
But with the advent of such a wonderful technology as a blockchain, these situations will definitely remain in the past. One of these innovative services is Casper.
Casper is a secure and incredibly reliable infrastructure for DApp (a more resistant to virus attacks application) created on the Ethereum blockchain platform. The introduction of Casper in any application for storing information will give it security. The Casper API makes it possible to store data in the cloud along with the highest confidentiality, reliability, and a wide range of capabilities to control access to it. Intermediaries between you and your information are no longer needed.
Prospects for using Casper are as follows:
- Due to the absence of a single point, in which a failure can occur and prevent the whole service from operating, Casper stands out among all existing analogues. The introduction of Casper into the application will make it possible to make the interface (UI) of the latter incredibly beautiful and convenient, thanks to the decentralized Casper repository, where the content will be stored. This can attract a lot more users to the application.
- The simple technology of creating an international decentralized online service is capable of pushing all existing giants in any market contributing to the emergence of new platforms of different orientations. Existing projects built on its own blockchain can easily integrate Casper to use it as a storage for UI, video, music, news, and other things.
- Casper is profitable even at the level of the whole state, because social services can also be transferred to the blockchain, which will reduce the cost of services, time for paperwork, and also eliminate such a negative factor as corruption. All this will contribute to the improvement of the population as a whole.
Let’s try to understand the Caper API and the principle of its operation. So, it allows you to download any files to the cloud and access them from any device more technologically than a button cell phone.
The main features are as follows:
- Encoding and encryption of stored files.
- High speed of downloading and uploading files due to P2P technology.
- Sharing the file with the right users.
- Adequate prices for using the service.
The reliability of file storage is achieved by creating more than 4 copies of each of them from service providers around the world, which in turn will have high requirements for creating a reliable distributed network, and compliance with these requirements will be subject to control. Guarantee of the service is a smart contract. All financial transactions occur through smart contracts, and debiting or crediting of funds from the account occurs only after the successful operation.
The system has 3 main groups of participants:
- users who store and download information by paying for these services;
- service providers who provide disk space for data and receive a storage fee;
- Ethereum Miner is a smart contract that provides transactions.
The user places the necessary information, the transmission of which to the suppliers takes place in different ways depending on the volume and number of files (this will also determine the way it is stored), requests a list of providers that can provide disk space, and transfers files directly to them. Then both sides notify the smart contract about the successful completion of the download, and a financial transaction occurs. Here is just an example when the necessary information will be at different remote from each other suppliers, and in case of any problems with one of them, it can easily be requested from the other. All this is genius and simple.
Downloading the file follows the same pattern using DHT (a protocol that allows bittorrent clients to find each other without using a tracker).
Also, backups will be created for some vendors who have enough free space.
Casper uses CST tokens for payments within the service and for the purchase of the project franchise by suppliers. After the release of the ICO, the tokens will also be freely traded on exchanges.
Tokens owners will have the following options:
- Ability to become a provider of disk space (1 CST = up to 25.6 GB) to meet the storage needs of the service and make a profit.
- You can lease a token to a vendor (i.e. provide disk space) and receive a percentage of the profit for its use.
- Ability to trade tokens on the exchange.
Already this summer we are waiting for the alpha version of Casper, and early next year — a fully working project that should start a new stage in the development of information technology.
To learn more about the details of this project, as well as to participate in the purchase of platform tokens, visit the official website https://casperproject.io/ and read the whitepaper: https://casperproject.io/docs/Casper_whitepaper_eng.pdf
Author Cryptozond: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1190894
ERC-20 wallet: 0xE09319CEB0C8cf2029e27F85E1Bcb1159c63aF8e
- Назад Дональд Трамп одобрил создание рабочей группы по борьбе с криптовалютным мошенничеством
- Вперёд Buddy: an innovative approach to developing on the blockchain